Most memorable moment from your wedding day?
Oh there were so many… TF did a great job officiating the ceremony, the Seal Tribute was unforgettable and Brian’s chair flying was hysterical. I will never forget looking out at all of our family and friends and realizing that they were all there for us. The amount of love and support they have all showed us over the course of our relationship has been incredible. We are really lucky to have every single one of them in our lives #blessed
Funniest moment on your wedding day?
Quack & Breana did an awesome job with their best man and maid of honor speeches. Brian may have had 69 girlfriends but I won… Jim awesome commentary. Also- Brian’s chair flying was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen.
What were you most anxious or nervous about regarding your wedding day and how did it turn out?
I was pretty much really nervous about the whole weekend but more so the wedding day. I couldn’t have asked for better weather or a more perfect setting. From ceremony to reception, the day/night went perfect. The food was absolutely delicious, the flowers were beautiful, and everyone had a great time. In end, I couldn’t think of one thing that went wrong. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding with lots of great people!
What advice would you give to other couples planning their wedding?
1. My biggest words of advice would be to work together. I know its hard (especially when guys do not care about flowers, napkins, etc) but I promise working together will make your day that much more special.
2. Do not start planning too far in advance. There are a ton of decisions to be made. It may sound crazy but the less time you have, the better. You wont second guess all of your decisions (as much) and will be able to enjoy being engaged to each other rather than being engaged to a wedding.
3. Do not let other people’s opinions bother you. It is your wedding-do what you want, where you want and how you want.
4. Some things will not go as planned but that makes your day special. Perfect is pretty boring. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what type of chairs you sat on or what type of shoes you wore for probably an hour and couldn’t even see, it is about marrying your best friend and throwing an awesome party for the people you love.
If you could do it all over, would you change anything?
To be honest, I wish I went chair flying with Brian. Other than that, I wouldn’t change a single thing.
Any tips for future couples on how to prepare for their wedding photos?
In the beginning, you may think.. ugh, I don’t want to spend time taking pictures while everyone else is having fun. I recommend taking as many pictures as possible. In the end, the pictures are the only thing you will have to remember special moments of your day.
- Florist: Rhapsody In Blooms
- Caterer: Talk of the Town
- Cakes/Desserts: Cake Envy
- Getting Ready, Ceremony, & Reception Venues: Private Estate, Silver City Farm
- DJ/Band/Musicians: Pat Demarco- Coolest Uncle Ever
- Hair Stylist & Make-Up: BLUSH
- Planner/Coordinator: Planner- yours truly Coordinator- Stephanie Lorraine
- Attire/Clothing: BHLDN– Gown Calvin Klein– Suit
- Rings: Robbin’s Brothers
Raven is an Atlanta Wedding Photographer who captures real people on their totally unique and completely awesome wedding day. She travels throughout Georgia, including Athens and Dahlonega and beyond, documenting love.