Madeline & Stewart’s whole aesthetic is Southern gothic, so their fairytale wedding fit the bill perfectly! Everything that whole day was completely magical, and between the way they looked, the way everyone clearly loved and supported them so much, the gardens of the venue, and the visiting butterflies blessing us during the ceremony, everything was so beautiful.
We did their engagement session – one of the most creative and amazing spaces and most fun times EVER – at a folk art museum; right on brand for these two. And that same eye for design came out in spades in their wedding plans. I had such a hard time narrowing this day down: there were too many pretty details and emotion-filled moments! Check out this gorgeous day and some lovely words from the couple!
Most memorable moment from your wedding day?
Most memorable?! It’s too hard to pick just one! Here are our few favorites, in no particular order… Seeing Stewart the first time after getting dressed in my gown and all made up. His sweet reaction will live in my memories forever. Being literally surrounded by our family and friends during the ceremony, in the circle of love. Being moved to tears by our readers during the ceremony, who had a special role in attesting our love for each other. Seeing my Mom and Dad dance during a song to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary because they are not dancing folks. Watching our guests just enjoy themselves dancing the night away.
- Funniest moment on your wedding day?
Given time has passed, I think I’m able to see the humor in the fact that the groom and the father of the bride both forgot their clothes and folks had to make a mad dash to retrieve them. It’s being to seem funny 🙂 A moment that stands out, less funny and more sweet, is a moment that Stewart and I were not even aware of until after the ceremony! After the ceremony, everyone told us how a couple of butterflies were flying over our heads during our vows. Such a neat moment and we were oblivious!
- What were you most anxious or nervous about regarding your wedding day and how did it turn out?See aforementioned men who forgot their clothes… 🙂 I’ve had this idea for the ceremony for a long time, long before I ever met Stewart. I worried that this idea wouldn’t play out as I had imagined it would for so long. That folks would think what the heck was that. But it was everything I had hoped and exceeded my dreams.
- What advice would you give to other couples planning their wedding?
On your wedding day, take time to step back and just take everything in – the decor, the happy faces of your guests, the vibe and energy. It all goes by so fast and becomes a blur. And if you have crafts to do…start those early. Do not wait until the weeks before the wedding!
- If you could do it all over, would you change anything?
I would have started the craft projects sooner. But other than that, I would not change anything. It was everything we wanted – a sweet ceremony, followed by a fun party for our guests with good food, drink, and music!
- Any tips for future couples on how to prepare for their wedding photos?
While it seems obvious, just be yourself and relax. We had already worked with Raven on our engagement photos, so I think by the time we got to the wedding, there was already that familiarity…like an old friend. So maybe consider a session before the wedding, just so the ice is broken. And if you have a twirlable dress…go ahead and give the dress a twirl 🙂 You’ll love those photos.
- Florist JL Designs of Monroe, GA
- Caterer Burge Plantation in Mansfield, GA
- Cakes/Desserts Cake Hag of Atlanta, GA
- Getting Ready, Ceremony, & Reception Venues Burge Plantation
- DJ/Band/Musicians Ray Redding of Soundscape Atlanta
- Hair Stylist & Make-Up Bombshell Creations of Athens, GA
Raven is an Atlanta Wedding Photographer who captures real people on their totally unique and completely awesome wedding day. She travels throughout Georgia, including Athens, North Georgia, Dahlonega and beyond, documenting love.